With the local government elections being exactly a month and ten days away, you could still be stuck between Scylla and Charybdis on who to vote for.
If you still don’t know where to donate your vote, then worry not, because below are brief overviews of the parties’ ideals and promises. Each of these representations are quoted directly from each party’s manifesto. (no add-ons, no swaying of favor)
- Together with communities the ANC will:
- Build on achievements made in delivering basic services to the people.
- Improve access to municipal services and reduce outsourcing in municipalities.
- Further improve public participation and accountability of councilors.
- Enhance the capacity of the local state to deliver on its mandate.
- Develop and strengthen local economies, create jobs and promote and promote job placements, especially for the youth.
- Intensify the fight against fraud and corruption in local government and social fabric crimes in communities.
- Promote education as the apex priority in local communities.
- Improve health in urban and rural communities.
- Help municipalities adopt to the changing climatic conditions.
- Build spatially integrated communities.
- Promote nation-building and socially cohesive communities.
Photo courtesy of: http://seeklogo.com/tag.html?q=ANC
The full manifesto is available on http://www.anc.org.za/docs/manifesto/2016/lge-manifestou.pdf and will be uploaded on the website under: Trends & Things/ News tabs.
Our promise and offer is simple. Where we govern, we want to build on the progress we have already made. Where we do not govern yet, we want to bring the change to your city or town that will:
- Stop corruption.
- Create Jobs
- Deliver better services
Photo courtesy of: http://www.brettherron.co.za/get-involved/
The full manifesto is available on: https://www.da.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/DA-2016-LGE-Manifesto.pdf and will be uploaded on the website under: Trends & Things/ News tabs.
- It is our firm belief and conviction that economic freedom will be attained through implementation of 7 cardinal pillars, which are:
- Expropriation of South Africa’s land without compensation for equal redistribution in and use.
- Nationalization of mines, banks, and other strategic sectors of the economy, without compensation.
- Building state and government capacity, which will lead to the abolition of tenders.
- Free quality education, healthcare, houses, and sanitation.
- Massive protected industrial development to create millions of sustainable jobs, between the rich and the poor, close the apartheid wage gap and promote rapid career paths for all people in the workplace.
- Massive development of the African economy and advocating for a move from reconciliation to justice on the entire continent.
- Open, accountable, corrupt-free government and society without fear of victimization by state agencies.
Photo courtesy of: http://www.politicsweb.co.za/party/economic-freedom-fighters-the-logo
The full manifesto is available on: effighters.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/EFF-ELECTIONS-MANIFESTO.pdf and will be uploaded on the website under: Trends & Things/ News tabs.
Which Party’s views do you align with your own?
Good Luck and Happy Voting!
*Constructive-, Informed-, Intellectual comments and productive discussions are welcome. Voice your opinion below in the comments box or at email@example.com
Don’t forget to SHARE!
Stay Real ♥