Photo courtesy of: http://xonecole.com/this-groom-set-the-bar-sky-high-with-his-spoken-word-wedding-vows/
He’s the best boyfriend/husband ever. He treats you like a queen, worships the ground you walk on and touches you in all the right ways, but most importantly he’s your man, BUT, only when you two are together, locked behind the walls of Whatsapp, sms’s, Facebook, a room etc. Sound like your boo? Yes? Then woman please…That man is not trying to be kept.
There are many reasons why relationships fail: finances, differences, infidelity, friends, no friends, social media and oddly enough, sometimes food , but none of these play a huge factor in a relationship where the beau was planning to be gone from the word ‘go’. A man who wants to leave, will leave. You will cook him a meal containing all colors of the universe, bend over into monkey-style for him, but when ‘going time’ comes, he’ll be gone. When such times come knocking, let him go!
I remember writing in one of my Facebook posts that no man who truly loves you will put you through the most in life. You can jump through one or two hoops for him, but three? No, clearly he thinks you’re a show-dog.
When I was 17 I fell in love with one of the most handsomest guys in the neighborhood, never mind neighborhood, CITY, in the whole city and even though he claimed he did, none of his actions showed me his ‘love’ for me.
D* (for the purposes of this blog) had a busy lifestyle and I understood. His very busy lifestyle involved ladies, a lot of ladies, but I still understood, because:
A) You ‘L-worded’ me.
B) You were the perfect gentleman.
C) You went to church (beware of the church guys), there’s no way you’re going to involve Jesus in your lies.
But long story short, D* cheated and I cried for a good two weeks, only to find out him and I were only a thing when he’s right here with me, kissing and rubbing up against me, so I thought okay enough, let me get past that. I got through it, but, made the mistake of falling for the same type of guy over and over again. You can only guess how the cookie crumbled after that.
Four years later, I’m a better Emma and I’ve burned like a million times leading up to now and I think I may have built a strong foundation to stand on. I can finally offer my ‘let him go’ advice.
‘Let him go’ Signs
- You’ve never met anyone close to him or had a decent conversation with ONE person close to him because: “I don’t want to involve people in our relationship”. (Okay…so no wedding guests then?)
- “Babe, don’t touch my phone okay, it’s a bomb, you might set it off.”
- He’s always busy. It’s the last day on earth and the Lord came to get us all, but he’s busy.
- He always forgets things that are important to you.
- He never initiates any conversations with you, matter of fact if you don’t text him first, forget about hearing from him on that day.
- He never wants to be seen in public with you. The only time you two ever go out together is at night because you’re vampires. 🙂 cute
- He NEVER takes baefies (bae selfies) with you, instead he says: “Love stop flexing for the gram” or “Are we dating for us or for people to see?” (BOTH…always both, why are we hiding?)
Photo courtesy of: http://celebritytoob.com/reality-tv/10-crazy-methods-celebrities-use-avoid-paparazzi/
- He only calls you when one of his body parts is unusually hard (think bananas, cucumbers and egg-plant emoji).
Photo courtesy of: http://emojipedia.org/aubergine/
- He doesn’t want to meet ANY of your friends or family. The less the merrier (too many bonds to try and break later on).
- He hurts you and says: ” You act like I shot you in the vagina or something”. NO CARE FOR YOUR FEELINGS WHATSOEVER, NOTHING, ZERO.
- He doesn’t care if you’re around or not. You could go to the mall for five hours and when you come back he’ll say: “Why were you in the bathroom for so long”.
- He likes white shoes -_- …white shoes are running away shoes, don’t say I didn’t warn you. *
Photo courtesy of: http://www.zumiez.com/brands/vans/vans-shoes.html
Don’t fool yourself into ever thinking you can change a man it happens willingly. Don’t put yourself through unnecessary hardships waiting to be treated like the queen that you are.
If your man shows any of these signs – GIANT RED FLAG reading: “Let him go nominee”. We fall in love easily and often times it’s hard to let go, but honestly the only duty you have is to your own heart ask Mulan she’ll tell you.
Stay Real ♥
Please SHARE SHARE SHARE…comments and suggestions are welcome below in the comments box or at email@example.com